Cook1 hr 15 mins
I grew up on Bananas Foster, so this recipe quickly caught my eye. Prep and cook times are estimated.
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, packed
- 177.44 ml butter, softened and cut into pieces, divided
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 29.58 ml dark rum
- 3 large bananas, yellow but firm with green tips, sliced diagonally into 1/4-inch pieces
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 3.69 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- Place brown sugar, 1/4 cup of the butter and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Heat over medium low heat until butter is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rum and pour into a 9-inch round cake pan.
- Arrange banana slices in circles over brown sugar mixture.
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Place remaining 1/2 cup butter and sugar in a large bowl; beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating will after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- At low speed, beat in flour mixture in3 parts alternating with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Spoon and gently spread batter over bananas.
- Bake 45-55 min or until cake is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minute.
- Run small knife around edge of cake; carefully invert cake onto serving plate. Serve warm.
Yum! Next time I will overlap the bananas more! Will try this in my bundt pan next time.
AMAZING!!! I was skeptical when I saw how thick the batter was, but it's both airy and rich and nothing short of delicious!
This was a great recipe. I made this as written and it came out looking just like the picture, next time I will use riper bananas and I will use more and overlap them so the bananas cover the bottom.
I made extra sauce and put in some diced bananas and then topped with whip cream. Thanks