Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I grew up on Bananas Foster, so this recipe quickly caught my eye. Prep and cook times are estimated.
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, packed
- 177.44 ml butter, softened and cut into pieces, divided
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 29.58 ml dark rum
- 3 large bananas, yellow but firm with green tips, sliced diagonally into 1/4-inch pieces
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 3.69 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- Place brown sugar, 1/4 cup of the butter and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Heat over medium low heat until butter is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rum and pour into a 9-inch round cake pan.
- Arrange banana slices in circles over brown sugar mixture.
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Place remaining 1/2 cup butter and sugar in a large bowl; beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating will after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- At low speed, beat in flour mixture in3 parts alternating with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Spoon and gently spread batter over bananas.
- Bake 45-55 min or until cake is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minute.
- Run small knife around edge of cake; carefully invert cake onto serving plate. Serve warm.
AMAZING!!! I was skeptical when I saw how thick the batter was, but it's both airy and rich and nothing short of delicious!
AMAZEBALLS!!! Couldn't stop eating it!!! Even my fussy mother was raving about it! Thank you so much for sharing :)
Yum! Next time I will overlap the bananas more! Will try this in my bundt pan next time.