Recipe by Indiana Debbie
From Healthy Cooking June/July 2009 from Lisa Varner Very easy to make and is a wonderful treat. The recipe as posted is 233 calories. I lightened it up even more by using the Splenda brown sugar substitute.
Top Review by mums the word
The whole family absolutely loved this and I can't believe how simple and delicious it was. I had borrowed the Healthy Cooking magazine from the library last year and jotted down the recipe. When I came across my note today, I thought I should finally try it. I am glad to see you have it posted because it is certainly a keeper and should be shared! Thx Indiana Debbie!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 large bananas
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 cups reduced fat vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet melt butter over medium- low heat. Stir in brown sugar, orange juice, cinnamon and nutmeg until blended. Add bananas and pecans: cook stirring gently until bananas are glazed and slightly softened, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in extract. Serve with ice cream. Serving is 1/3 cup banana mixture with 1/2 cup ice cream.