This recipe is a wonderful twist from the traditional strawberry shortcake. If you like bananas, you may just love this! 8)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces and chilled
- 1 cup banana, puree
- 4 1/2 cups heavy cream (divided use)
- 2 1/2 cups dark brown sugar, packed tight
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 1/2 tablespoons banana liqueur
- 5 bananas, peeled &, sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2Sift into mixing bowl flour, baking soda and salt.
- 3Cut in cold butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 4Carefully stir in banana puree to make damp dough.
- 5Turn out onto a floured surface and roll 1 inch thick.
- 6Cut into 2 1/2-inch circles with a floured cutter.
- 7Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 8Bake until about 30 minutes, until golden.
- 9Combine the 2 1/2 cups cream and brown sugar in heavy saucepan.
- 10Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, 10 to 12 minutes (do not scorch).
- 11Let cool about 10 minutes.
- 12While cooling, whip the rest of the cream and granulated sugar together until soft peaks form.
- 13To assemble, stir the rum& and banana liqueur into the warm sauce.
- 14Split the biscuits and place on individual plates.
- 15Top with the banana slices, drizzle with some sauce, and then whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bananas Foster Shortcake
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 896.3
- Calories from Fat 485
- Total Fat 53.9 g
- Saturated Fat 33.5 g
- Cholesterol 183.3 mg
- Sodium 491.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 64.7 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: