Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sweet and sinful breakfast! I make this anytime I'm ready to treat my family to a rich and very tasty breakfast. Forget the bread-- The toppings are what really make this recipe!
- Mix first 5 ingredients together in a shallow bowl, set aside.
- In another shallow bowl, put 4 eggs, beat well.
- In a skillet, warm 2 tbspn butter at medium heat.
- Dip 1 piece of bread in eggs-only bowl, coat lightly, then dip in multi-ingredients bowl, coat well, then put piece of bread in skillet.
- Done when both sides are golden brown.
- Set aside.
- Repeat with all pieces of bread.
- In separate skillet, heat 2 tbspn butter at medium-high heat.
- Once all butter is melted, add bananas and brown sugar.
- Cook and stir for approximately 3 min., or until sugar and butter have formed into a golden-brown syrupy sauce.
- To serve, put 2 pieces of French toast on plate, pour 1/4 bananas foster over French toast and add 1 ½ tablespoon of raspberry jam.
a brilliant brunch recipe. I found it very sweet and may reduce the amount of sugar to go with the bananas next time. There will be a next time!
I wish I could give this one more stars. As stated in intro, very rich and very very tasty. I didn't change a thing on this one. Thanks for posting this great recipe.