Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Saw this and just had to try it! Sounds perfect for the summer! From Bobby Flay - (**My Note: It is possible to substitute the rum for rum flavoring (or extract) - I'd say 1 drop, maybe 2, depending on your taste.**)
- 1 banana, overly ripe, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup caramel sauce, plus more for garnish
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1⁄3 cup whole milk
- 10 ounces vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream, for garnish
- banana, slices for garnish
- In a blender, combine the banana, caramel sauce, cinnamon, rum, and milk and blend until smooth.
- Add the ice cream and blend until incorporated.
- Pour into a tall glass, and garnish with a dollop of whipped cream, a few slices of banana and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
- Serve immediately!
I'm pretty picky about banana stuff, but this was fabulous! Definitely a special-occasion-only calorie bomb, but soooo worth it. Loved the caramel and cinnamon with the banana, so good! Thanks for posting! Made by a fellow Hot Pink Panther for ZWT9
I made this a couple of days ago and forgot to review it then. But I made it again today (we've had 99*F degrees all week long. I needed another)! This is yummy and will certainly make it again. Thank you for posting. (Made for ZWT9 - Cajun)