Recipe by YummySmellsca
Want to have the taste of New Orleans on your breakfast toast without the fuss and fat? Try this chunky, sweet and rum laced jam instead!
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 1 g packetcaramel flavoured stevia, i.e. Krisda (optional, but boosts the caramel flavour!)
- 59.14 ml raisins
- 59.14 ml water
- 3 medium very ripe bananas
- 29.58 ml fresh lime juice
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 0.25 ml salt
- 14.79 ml dark rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine brown sugar, stevia, raisins and water in a small pot and bring to a simmer. Cook without stirring (swirl the pan) until sugar dissolves.
- Meanwhile, mash bananas with lime juice, vanilla and salt, then stir into syrup.
- Cook, stirring often, 25 minutes.
- Stir in the rum and remove from heat.
- Cool before transferring into a jar and chilling.