Recipe by YummySmellsca
Want to have the taste of New Orleans on your breakfast toast without the fuss and fat? Try this chunky, sweet and rum laced jam instead!
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 (0.00 g) packetcaramel flavoured stevia, i.e. Krisda (optional, but boosts the caramel flavour!)
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 medium very ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine brown sugar, stevia, raisins and water in a small pot and bring to a simmer. Cook without stirring (swirl the pan) until sugar dissolves.
- Meanwhile, mash bananas with lime juice, vanilla and salt, then stir into syrup.
- Cook, stirring often, 25 minutes.
- Stir in the rum and remove from heat.
- Cool before transferring into a jar and chilling.