Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have not tried this yet, but does it ever sound yummy!!!
- 1 poundcake, cut into slices
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon coconut rum or 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large bananas
- 1⁄4 cup pecan halves
- 3 eggs, beaten
- cinnamon (to garnish) (optional)
- powdered sugar (to garnish) (optional)
- Cut Pound Cake into 8 slices; set aside.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, combine brown sugar, cream, butter, rum, and vanilla. Cook, stirring constantly, over moderate heat until sugar is melted and sauce is smooth.
- Peel and diagonally slice bananas; gently fold into sauce.
- Fold in pecans, keeping sauce warm over low heat.
- Dip pound cake slices into beaten eggs. Then pan-fry slices in a large skillet, sprayed with non-stick vegetable oil cooking spray, over moderate heat, about 1-2 minutes per side, or until crispy and lightly browned.
- Arrange slices on plates; spoon sauce over each and sprinkle with cinnamon and powdered sugar.