1/1 Photo of Bananas Foster Cupcakes
From borntoenterain.com, i posted it here for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Banana Mixture
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ripe but still firm bananas, quartered (halved crosswise, then lengthwise)
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Cupcakes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon dark rum
- 3/4 cup sour cream
For the frosting
- 1For the Bananas:.
- 2In a saute pan over medium heat, combine the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- 3Cook until butter melts and sugar is dissolved (4 to 5 minutes).
- 4Add the banana slices and cook until tender, turning once for 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- 5Stir together rum and vanilla.
- 6Turn off the burner and add the rum mixture to the pan.
- 7Using a long match, light the alcohol by placing the flame just in the outer edge of the pan.
- 8Stand as far back as possible. The flame should extingish in a few seconds.
- 9Gently shake the pan from side to side to coat the bananas with the sauce.
- 10Spoon the bananas into a bowl and set aside.
- 11For the Cupcakes:.
- 12Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 13In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- 14In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- 15Add eggs, vanilla, rum and banana mixture. Mix well.
- 16Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream; blend thoroughly but do not overmix.
- 17Pour into prepared cupcake pans.
- 18Bake 20 - 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 19Cool for 1- minutes in pan on rack. Remove and cool completely before frosting.
- 20For the frosting:.
- 21Beat together cream cheese, butter, cinnamon and vanilla on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- 22Add about half the powdered sugar and beat until mixed well. Then gradually add the remaining powdered sugar until you reach a spreading consistency.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bananas Foster Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 563.6
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 117.1 mg
- Sodium 313.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 50.2 g
- Protein 4.6 g