Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
From borntoenterain.com, i posted it here for safe keeping.
Make and share this Bananas Foster Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
For the Banana Mixture
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ripe but still firm bananas, quartered (halved crosswise, then lengthwise)
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Cupcakes
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dark rum
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
For the frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dark rum
- For the Bananas:.
- In a saute pan over medium heat, combine the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Cook until butter melts and sugar is dissolved (4 to 5 minutes).
- Add the banana slices and cook until tender, turning once for 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Stir together rum and vanilla.
- Turn off the burner and add the rum mixture to the pan.
- Using a long match, light the alcohol by placing the flame just in the outer edge of the pan.
- Stand as far back as possible. The flame should extingish in a few seconds.
- Gently shake the pan from side to side to coat the bananas with the sauce.
- Spoon the bananas into a bowl and set aside.
- For the Cupcakes:.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add eggs, vanilla, rum and banana mixture. Mix well.
- Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream; blend thoroughly but do not overmix.
- Pour into prepared cupcake pans.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 1- minutes in pan on rack. Remove and cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting:.
- Beat together cream cheese, butter, cinnamon and vanilla on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add about half the powdered sugar and beat until mixed well. Then gradually add the remaining powdered sugar until you reach a spreading consistency.
The bomb!!! So delicious!!!!!!!!!!
My 13 year old daughter made these and got rave reviews. She is adding it to her recipe collection!