Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a deliscious cake! Not too difficult recipe, just enough to keep it interesting. I hope you'll try it and enjoy it as much as we do.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- 1⁄4 cup light rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat 1/2 cup butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Stir in mashed bananas, rum and vanilla extract.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour and next 4 ingredients; add to the butter mixture, mixing until blended. Pour into prepared tube pan; set aside.
- Combine 1/2 cup flour and remaining ingredients;; sprinkle over batter, Bake for 55 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan and let cool completely on wire rack.