1/1 Photo of Bananas Foster Cream Pie
Wicked Creations's Note:
Don't be intimidate by steps of this recipe. Really easy to make and very delish! People will be asking for seconds, even ask for the recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 bananas (sliced)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 egg yolks (room temp)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, sliced into 4 slices
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- whipped topping, Whipped Cream as garnish
- caramel sauce (good quality)
- candy sprinkles (optional) or nuts, oro dried bananas (optional)
- 1Bake pie shell according to package (empty); cool and set aside.
- 2Melt butter in saute pan, add banana slices and cook for a minute to two minutes (do not over cook or the bananas will cook down) on low heat.
- 3Add brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon, stirring for two minutes (this avoids cooking down of bananas).
- 4Turn off heat, add rum and walnuts. Stir and cool. (It will thicken as it cools).
- 5Cream Layer:.
- 6In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, combine half and half, six tbsp of measured sugar and salt. Bring to simmer, stirring occassionally (till sugar is disolved). Keep on heat while making the yolk mixture.
- 7In a small bowl, whisk egg yolk together till smooth. Add remaining sugar and whisk till combined.
- 8In another small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and a little water till fully blended.
- 9Add cornstarch to yolk mixture, whisking till fully blended.
- 10Take half and half mixture and pour ribbon slowly (just a little) into yolk mixture whisking fast (too much and fast could cook the eggs!).
- 11Pour yolk mixture into the half and half mixture and continue to cook over medium heat.
- 12Whisk constantly until mixture is thickened and glossy.
- 13Remove from heat and stir in butter slices and vanilla extract until fully blended.
- 14Strain cream in fine mesh strainer into a medium bowl-push all throughly and may do it twice to remove any lumps.
- 15Cover top in plastic wrap (prevents from skin-forming) and cool.
- 16Pie Assembly:.
- 17Pour Banana Foster's into cooled pastry shell.
- 18Next, spread pastry cream over the Banana Fosters.
- 19Place plastic wrap on pastry cream top and chill.
- 20When ready to serve, remove plastic wrap and decorate, garnish with whipped topping/whipped cream, sprinkles,. chopped nuts, dried banana chips, if like.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bananas Foster Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 545.3
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 149.0 mg
- Sodium 173.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 45.9 g
- Protein 6.2 g