Recipe by Creation in Hope
This is for ZWT 2006. I have not tried this recipe and it is compliments of www. allrecipes.com by Kim Fliehmann
Top Review by Runs w/ sharpie
I tried these a long time ago and forgot to review them. They were very good. I have started adding just a little vanilla at the rum stage. I have a hard time getting them to stay together during the last stage, but other than that these are great.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 bananas, firm and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons spiced rum
- 2 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup vegetable oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter .
- Stir in bananas and sugar, and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour in rum and cook 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Spoon half the banana mixture onto each flour tortilla, and roll up, tucking in the ends, like a burrito.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Fry chimichangas until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm.