Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a rewrite to make it lower in fat.
- 1 1⁄2 cups nilla reduced-fat vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 lbs low-fat cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 8 ounces nonfat yogurt
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 ounces molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ounces banana flavoring or 2 ounces banana extract
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 orange
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Combine ground vanilla wafers and vegetable oil.
- When the mixture is the consistency orf moist cornmeal, you have added the right amount of oil.
- Spray springform pan with baking spray and dust with flour. Discard any not being used.
- Press wafer mixture around all edges and bottom. bake crust at 300 F for a few minutes to set the crust.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth, add Splenda. Occasionally scraping sides. Add eggs in one at a time, add the vanilla and low fat sour cream.
- Pour batter into pan and bake at 300°F for 40 minutes.
- Sauce, in a small sauté pan cook molasses and oil until mixture is warm, add lemon juice, banana extract, orange juice, and cinnamon. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Turn down to low and add Bananas. Serve sauce over cooled cake.