1 hr 5 mins
from Planet Hollywood, Downtown Disney
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups nilla vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/2 cup melted butter, clarified
- 1Combine ground vanilla wafers and clarified butter.
- 2When the mixture is the consistency of moist cornmeal, you've added just the right amount of butter.
- 3When squeezed it should hold together easily.
- 4Rub inside of a springform pan with butter.
- 5Dust sides and bottom with flour, discarding any powder that does not stick.
- 6Using your hands, tap down the butter-wafer mixture forming a short wall up the side.
- 7When the mixture is even and all holes are filled in, bake the crust at 300 F for just a few minutes to set the shell.
- 8For the filling, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- 9With machine running, add granulated sugar, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides.
- 10With the machine running, add the eggs, one at a time.
- 11Add the vanilla extract and sour cream.
- 12Pour batter into prepared, cooled pan and level off with a spatula.
- 13Bake at 300 F for 40 minutes.
- 14For the sauce, in a small sauté pan, cook brown sugar and butter slowly until the mixture liquefies.
- 15Add lemon juice, banana liqueur, orange juice and cinnamon.
- 16Bring mixture to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes and cool.
- 17In another sauté pan, sauté banana slices in sizzling butter.
- 18When browned on one side, douse the fruit with some of the Fosters sauce.
- 19Cut cooled cheesecake into 8 portions.
- 20Top with Fosters sauce.
- 21Dust with powdered sugar and add a sprig of mint.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bananas Foster Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 864.3
- Calories from Fat 621
- Total Fat 69.1 g
- Saturated Fat 40.3 g
- Cholesterol 247.9 mg
- Sodium 613.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 51.4 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: