Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
from Planet Hollywood, Downtown Disney
Make and share this Bananas Foster Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups nilla vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter, clarified
- 2 lbs cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces granulated sugar
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 4 ounces butter
- 4 ounces brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ounces banana liqueur
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 orange
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Combine ground vanilla wafers and clarified butter.
- When the mixture is the consistency of moist cornmeal, you've added just the right amount of butter.
- When squeezed it should hold together easily.
- Rub inside of a springform pan with butter.
- Dust sides and bottom with flour, discarding any powder that does not stick.
- Using your hands, tap down the butter-wafer mixture forming a short wall up the side.
- When the mixture is even and all holes are filled in, bake the crust at 300 F for just a few minutes to set the shell.
- For the filling, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- With machine running, add granulated sugar, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides.
- With the machine running, add the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the vanilla extract and sour cream.
- Pour batter into prepared, cooled pan and level off with a spatula.
- Bake at 300 F for 40 minutes.
- For the sauce, in a small sauté pan, cook brown sugar and butter slowly until the mixture liquefies.
- Add lemon juice, banana liqueur, orange juice and cinnamon.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes and cool.
- In another sauté pan, sauté banana slices in sizzling butter.
- When browned on one side, douse the fruit with some of the Fosters sauce.
- Cut cooled cheesecake into 8 portions.
- Top with Fosters sauce.
- Dust with powdered sugar and add a sprig of mint.