Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Cooking Light. A yummy twist on regular banana bread!
- 1 1⁄2 cups ripe bananas, mashed (about 2 bananas)
- 1 cup brown sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 1⁄4 cup cognac or 1⁄4 cup dark rum, divided
- 1⁄3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine banana, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 5 tablespoons butter, and 3 tablespoons cognac/rum in a nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to bubble.
- Remove from heat; cool. Place banana mixture in a large bowl.
- Add yogurt, remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, and eggs. Beat with a mixer at medium speed.
- Combine flour, flaxseed, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and allspice in a small bowl. Add flour mixture to banana mixture; beat just until blended.
- Pour batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Remove bread from pan; place on wire rack.
- Combine remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter, remaining 1 tablespoon cognac/rum, and powdered sugar; stir until well blended. Drizzle over the warm bread.