Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from a local supermarket.
Make and share this Bananas Foster Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, well-mashed very ripe
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons dark rum or 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons raw sugar
- In medium bowl, stir together flour and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, bananas, brown sugar, sour cream, butter, rum, and vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture just until moistened.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Divide batter among four 5x3 inch loaf pans that have been coated with no stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon raw sugar over each loaf.
- Bake in 350F oven until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack before slicing.