I got this recipe from a local supermarket.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups bananas, well-mashed very ripe
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons dark rum or 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1In medium bowl, stir together flour and baking soda; set aside.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, bananas, brown sugar, sour cream, butter, rum, and vanilla.
- 3Stir in flour mixture just until moistened.
- 4Stir in walnuts.
- 5Divide batter among four 5x3 inch loaf pans that have been coated with no stick cooking spray.
- 6Sprinkle 1 tablespoon raw sugar over each loaf.
- 7Bake in 350F oven until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- 8Cool on wire rack before slicing.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bananas Foster Bread
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 895.3
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 164.2 mg
- Sodium 427.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 117.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 60.2 g
- Protein 14.6 g