Recipe by TOOLBELT DIVA
A beautiful finale to cool your palate after enjoying a generous serving of SEAFOOD GUMBO-NEW ORLEANS STYLE. The Bananas Foster recipe appeared in Spring/99 issue of Gusto Manazine, compliments of Brennan's Restaurant, New Orleans. Double recipe to serve 8-10 persons.
Top Review by Luby Luby Luby
This dessert is so easy and so wonderful. It is the perfect ending to any meal. When I really want to be bad I add some roasted chopped pecans, but it doesn't need any additional ingredients. I wish I could give it more than *5* stars.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 bananas, cut in half,lengthwise,and then halved
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 1⁄4 cup banana liqueur
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, over low heat, combine butter, sugar and cinnamon, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Add bananas, stirring gently until bananas begin to soften and brown.
- Carefully add rum and liqueur, cooking until rum is hot.
- Tip pan slightly and ignite rum.
- When flames subside, remove bananas from pan and serve 4 pieces of banana with 1 scoop of ice cream Generously spoon warm sauce over top and serve immediately.