Recipe by JANIC412
For the Cajun luncheon. Along with your gumbo, maybe serve coleslaw, some nice crusty bread or cornbread and bread pudding with a vanilla or brandy sauce or bananas foster with vanilla ice cream. Bananas Foster
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 -4 bananas, peeled and sliced length-wise
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup dark rum
- 2 tablespoons banana liqueur
- 1⁄2 gallon French vanilla ice cream (good quality)
Directions See How It's Made
- In small pan, mix rum and banana liqueur and gently warm it. Melt butter and sugar in a medium non-stick frying pan.
- (This can also be done in a chafing dish for table side preparation) add bananas and saute until tender (DO NOT OVERCOOK) about 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the cinnamon.
- Pour the rum/liqueur mixture over the bananas and flame- Serve with the vanilla ice cream.