- 2 bananas, peeled, and, halved, lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup dark rum
- 2 tablespoons banana liqueur
- vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bananas in half lengthwise; set aside.
- In skillet or chafing dish, melt butter over medium heat; stir in sugar until melted.
- Add bananas, cut side down; cook, turning once, for about 5 minutes or until just barely tender.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour rum and banana liqueur over bananas, shaking pan to distribute liquid.
- Ignite with long wooden match (Be Careful!).
- Using long handled spoon baste bananas with flaming sauce until the flames subside.
- Serve immediately with ice cream.