Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
You have to ignite this to cook it, but it's really simple. Be careful not to burn yourself, or burn your house down! This always impresses people.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 medium bananas, split and quartered
- 1 tablespoon imitation banana extract
- 1⁄4 cup light rum
- vanilla ice cream
- Melt butter in a large skillet; add brown sugar and cinnamon. Cook over medium heat until mixture is bubbly. Add bananas; heat 2 to 3 minutes, basting constantly with syrup. Stir in banana extract.
- Place rum in a small, long handled saucepan; heat just until warm (do not boil). Remove from heat. Ignite with a long match, and pour over bananas. Baste bananas with sauce until flames die down. Serve immediately over ice cream.