Recipe by KittyKitty
You have to ignite this to cook it, but it's really simple. Be careful not to burn yourself, or burn your house down! This always impresses people.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 medium bananas, split and quartered
- 1 tablespoon imitation banana extract
- 1⁄4 cup light rum
- vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large skillet; add brown sugar and cinnamon. Cook over medium heat until mixture is bubbly. Add bananas; heat 2 to 3 minutes, basting constantly with syrup. Stir in banana extract.
- Place rum in a small, long handled saucepan; heat just until warm (do not boil). Remove from heat. Ignite with a long match, and pour over bananas. Baste bananas with sauce until flames die down. Serve immediately over ice cream.