Prep 1 min
Cook 1 min
- 2 bananas, ripe but not soft
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- dark rum (dark has more flavor) or light rum (dark has more flavor)
- Take 2 ripe, but not soft bananas and cut in half, then split lengthwise. Melt a few Tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add 2-3 Tablespoons brown sugar and stir.
- Add bananas.
- Cook until fairly warm and starting to soften (about 1 min.). Flip bananas and allow to cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Add rum to taste, and swirl in pan a bit. Allow to thicken slightly, remove from heat and serve.
quick and easy, but no one would know it!!! Serve over vanilla ice cream and it is to die for! I will make this over and over again.
This was amazing. I also used the hint of cinnamon as suggested below. I substituted Ghee for the butter - very good.
I also served it on vanilla ice cream; wonderful! Thanks for sharing this easy dessert recipe.