Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Ice cream topped with banana's the Cuban way.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper jelly
- 4 firm ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons dark rum (can sub a couple of drops of rum extract to taste)
- vanilla ice cream
- ice cream topping, caramel, chocolate, etc
- Melt butter in a frypan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and jelly; heat until bubbly.
- Add bananas and cook for 1 minute. Stir in rum and cook for 1 - 2 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and bananas are heated through.
- Place ice cream in serving dishes. Spoon banana mixture over ice cream and drizzle with topping. Serve immediately.