1/9 Photos of Bananas Caribbean
Muffin Goddess's Note:
Posted for ZWT. Adapted from The New York Times cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2Peel the bananas, split them in half lengthwise, then place them in a buttered baking dish (10"x6"x2").
- 3Combine the sugar, orange juice, nutmeg, cinnamon and sherry in a saucepan. Heat until sugar is dissolved, then pour over the bananas. Dot with butter.
- 4Bake bananas for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the bananas are tender. Baste them once or twice during baking.
- 5Remove from oven. Sprinkle with the rum before serving.
- 6Serve as-is, or with a scoop of vanilla or coconut ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bananas Caribbean
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.3
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 16.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 0.8 g