Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted for ZWT. Adapted from The New York Times cookbook.
Make and share this Bananas Caribbean recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Peel the bananas, split them in half lengthwise, then place them in a buttered baking dish (10"x6"x2").
- Combine the sugar, orange juice, nutmeg, cinnamon and sherry in a saucepan. Heat until sugar is dissolved, then pour over the bananas. Dot with butter.
- Bake bananas for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the bananas are tender. Baste them once or twice during baking.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with the rum before serving.
- Serve as-is, or with a scoop of vanilla or coconut ice cream.
Yum. These were delicious. I used the coconut rum as suggested and it was a great hit with French vanilla ice cream. Thanks Muffin Goddess for sharing. Made for ZWT9.
These were fantastic; way better than my Bananas flamb?. I will feature your recipe tomorrow on the Caribbean; hope you come for a visit.
Easy dessert. Prepared it for a Caribbean dinner and it was a hit! I agree that the bananas should not be too ripe.