Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
For a dramatic, festive finale, try this flaming tropical dessert.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, juice of 1 lime
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, to 1 teaspoon
- 4 firm bananas, peeled
- 1⁄3 cup dark rum
- 4 scoops ice cream
- In a small bowl combine sugar, melted butter, lime juice, and cinnamon.
- Brush bananas with about 1/4 cup of butter mixture.
- Place bananas on center of cooking grate.
- Grill 2 to 4 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling.
- Slice grilled bananas and place slices in a flameproof dish.
- Pour remaining 1/2 cup butter mixture into dish.
- Place dish on center of cooking grate.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Remove dish from grill.
- Quickly pour rum over bananas.
- Light rum with long kitchen matches.
- After flames die out, serve immediately over ice cream.