Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A friend of mine gave me this recipe years ago. It makes a great summer time dessert. Cook time is the chill time.
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes instant banana pudding mix
- 6 bananas, ripe
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole milk, cold
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (12 ounce) bag vanilla wafers
- Peel and slice bananas into 1/4 inch pieces and place in bowl.
- Pour lemon juice over bananas and stir very gently to coat bananas in juice being careful not to break up bananas.
- In separate large bowl add pudding mix, condensed milk and whole milk and mix according to package directions.
- In large bowl or mixer bowl whip cream until stiff.
- Fold cream into pudding mixture mixing thoroughly.
- Drain bananas and gently fold into pudding mixture.
- In large glass bowl add one half of pudding mixture.
- Place a layer of Vanilla Wafers on top.
- Spread remaining pudding on top and place another layer of Vanilla Wafers.
- Place Vanilla Wafers around edge of pudding.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
This is sooo rich and creamy-sinful. Be sure to rinse bananas of juice. I will definitely make this again!