Recipe by I'mPat
From Diabetic Cooking, a cookbook I received in the Cookbook Swap 2011. NOTE - makes 6 servings - 2 tablespoons sauce plus 1 banana each). VARIATION - substitute coconut extract for vanilla. You could also use other fruits but would change carb and nutritional guidelines.
- 118.29 ml nonfat sour cream
- 56.69 g reduced-fat cream cheese
- 29.58 ml nonfat milk (skim)
- 4.92 ml nonfat milk (skim)
- 29.58 ml sugar (or 3 packages sugar substitute)
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 6 medium bananas (unpeeled and cut crosswise into halves)
- nutmeg (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients except bananas in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of sauce into each of 6 small containers, cover totally and refrigerate until needed or place containers in small cooler with ice.
- To serve, partially peel banana and dip directly into sauce, continue to peel and dip.