Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Diabetic Cooking, a cookbook I received in the Cookbook Swap 2011. NOTE - makes 6 servings - 2 tablespoons sauce plus 1 banana each). VARIATION - substitute coconut extract for vanilla. You could also use other fruits but would change carb and nutritional guidelines.
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk (skim)
- 1 teaspoon nonfat milk (skim)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or 3 packages sugar substitute)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 medium bananas (unpeeled and cut crosswise into halves)
- nutmeg (optional)
- Place all ingredients except bananas in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of sauce into each of 6 small containers, cover totally and refrigerate until needed or place containers in small cooler with ice.
- To serve, partially peel banana and dip directly into sauce, continue to peel and dip.
What a nice snack. This really hit the spot. Simple and tasty. Thanks Pat for sharing. Made for Went to the Market Tag.
What a lovely, healthy treat! I used Weight Watchers creme fraiche and extra light cream cheese so there's no guilt! I've boxed the rest up to take to work tomorrow and will really look forward to it. Next time, I'm going to try 2Bleu's idea and use coconut extract!
Made this as given, including using the optional nutmeg, & had a very satisfying dipping experience, but then, we love bananas & cheesecake, so . . . Will be making this one again, I know! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Stars recipe tag]