Prep 1 min
Cook 15 mins
I am posting this recipe here so I will be able to find it again! This site has become my safe haven! This sounds too good to be true to me and I can't wait to try it.
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur or 3 tablespoons spiced rum or 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 3 bananas, bias-sliced 1/2-inch thick (firm-ripe)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream or 2 cups frozen yogurt or 2 cups poundcake
- whipped topping (optional)
- pecans (optional) or almonds, toasted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Sprinkle the bottom of a 1-qt. casserole dish with brown sugar.
- Pour liqueur or apple juice over sugar.
- Top with butter.
- Add banana slices and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake, covered about 15 mins, or until juices around edges of casserole just begin to bubble.
- Stir gently and spoon over ice cream/yogurt/pound cake.
- Top with whipped topping and nuts if desired.