Recipe by ellie3763
from "healthy food for living" - http://www.healthyfoodforliving.com/?p=6525
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
Thanks for mentioning the website this came from. I've had a lot of fun reading it! The author has a lot of other oatmeal recipes on it. I adore baked oatmeal, and adding apple and banana to the bottom was a new and delicious twist. The bananas do get brown the next day, though, so another time I use frozen blueberries (also really good). Thanks again, Ellie!
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled and divided
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or 1 tablespoon agave nectar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Lightly coat an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray. Layer the banana slices over the bottom of the dish. Top with apple slices. Set aside.
- Mix together oats, cranberries, brown sugar, baking powder, and spices.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together milk, egg, 1 Tbsp of butter, vanilla extract, and agave nectar.
- Spoon the oat mixture on top of the apples. Pour the milk mixture over the oat mixture. Drizzle with remaining 1/2 Tbsp butter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the top layer is browned and crisped. Allow to cool for at least a few minutes before serving.