Recipe by Brooke the Cook in WI
These muffins have a moist delicate texture with a lovely banana taste! This is one of my favorite banana recipes because its tasty and reduced sugar and fat. WW points = 3 according to online calculator
Top Review by Katzen
Fantastic muffins! I made a couple of changes due to what I had on hand... I used 1/2 sugar blend splenda and 1/2 brown sugar blend splenda; I used applesauce plus a tbsp of canola oil to make up 1/2 cup of butter, and 1/2 cup of my flour was whole wheat. I also sprinkled a bit of cinnamon sugar on top for crunch, and threw in a handful of walnuts. They turned out fabulous! These are definately a recipe I'll make again! My muffins were large, so I got 9 instead of 16. Thanks so much, Brooke!! Made for Zaar Stars Tag.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 -4 bananas, mashed (340g)
- 4 egg whites, well beaten, room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 and prepare muffin tin.
- Stir together bread flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- Cream together butter, splenda and sugar.
- Add egg whites one at a time until thoroughly combined.
- Add banana's and mix until combined.
- Dumb flour mixture into banana's and stir slowly until just moistened.
- Divide into prepared muffin tins and bake for 25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Set pan on wire rack for 5 minutes to cool before moving muffins directly to rack to cool completely.
- To Freeze: Cool completely and place in zip-lock baggie. To unthaw, remove from freezer, place on counter and allow to come to room temperature.