This is my healthy twist on Lunch Box Muffins, originally posted by JellyBeans. I hoped with a little tweaking here and there I could make it even healthier than it already was. I really enjoy these after they cool.
- 1 cup zucchini, grated (I leave the skins on and use the food processor)
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, mashed (about 3 bananas, I leave it a little lumpy)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Oven at 350°F.
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix banana and zucchini. Add egg and applesauce. Combine well.
- In a seperate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, oatmeal, salt and walnuts.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let rest for 5 minutes, and then cool on rack.