Top Review by Cynthia Q
Unfortunately, I and most of my family did not find these very good. They were dry and bland...we could not taste the zucchini or banana at all. We put butter and honey on them, but only helped marginally. I didn't realize until halfway through that these do not have any sweetener in them. I added 2/3 cup date sugar, but I would add a lot more if I make them again. I did substitute canola oil for applesauce, and raisins for the nuts...perhaps those changes made such a negative difference? There are so many other positive reviews, so I encourage you all to try the recipe even though our family didn't like it...lots of others do!
- 1 cup zucchini, grated (I leave the skins on and use the food processor)
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, mashed (about 3 bananas, I leave it a little lumpy)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Oven at 350°F.
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix banana and zucchini. Add egg and applesauce. Combine well.
- In a seperate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, oatmeal, salt and walnuts.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let rest for 5 minutes, and then cool on rack.