Recipe by bookmom31
Is it just my household, or does anyone else buy a bunch of bananas with the best intentions of eating them before they get a squick of brown on them only to find them all soft and mushy behind the loaf of bread and sweet potatoes? No? Just me then, eh? What’s the natural progression of a bunch of very ripe bananas? Make Banana bread! But I also had zucchini that needed to be eaten, two packages of opened chocolate chips, yet only had two eggs, and not enough sugar. What’s a Foodie to do? Improvise.
- 4 bananas, ripe
- 4 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1 1⁄8 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine ripe bananas, shredded zucchini, sugar and eggs in Kitchen Aid; mix until fully combined.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon to 1/2 cup flour and mix well. Gradually add the remaining flour to wet mix stirring until well combined.
- Stir in the melted butter and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.