Recipe by ldanhauer
The substitutions I ended up having to make on mumoftwo's "Banana Zucchini Muffins" recipe with some extra ingredients. It became great preworkout fuel, but it was rather bland and too moist. I suggest following her original recipe.
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 3 medium bananas
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- 1Oven at 350°F
- 2Spray bread pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3Mix banana and zucchini. Add egg and applesauce.
- 4 In a seperate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, oatmeal, and salt
- 5Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- 6Bake about 45 minutes.
- 7Let rest for 5 minutes, and then cool on rack.
- 8 make glaze by heating in microwave for about 15 seconds.