Recipe by SJG3483
I had bananas and yogurt in the house, and I wanted to bake some muffins, so I combined two recipes and came up with these moist muffins. Because they have yogurt in them, they have less oil and no butter, making them healthier than most!
Top Review by AlaskaStephanie
Love that these have banana chunks instead of the usual mashed banana! I used whole-wheat flour and added 1/2 t. vanilla extract and a t. rum extract...MMMM! I also threw walnuts on the top so that they would get toasted during baking.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt (or lowfat)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons skim milk (or lowfat)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 ripe bananas (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and mix In another bowl, combine yogurt, egg, milk, and oil.
- Add contents of wet mixture to dry ingredients and mix- do not over mix.
- Stir in bananas (you can also add chopped nuts or other fruits if you want) Place batter in muffin tins.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden.