1/1 Photo of Banana Yogurt Cake
1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup mashed, ripe banana
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon, rind of
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- fresh raspberry (optional)
- 1In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, the 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- 2In a medium bowl, stir together yogurt, banana, oil, lemon peel and vanilla; set aside.
- 3In a small mixer bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- 4Gradually add remaining 3/4 cup sugar; beat on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- 5Stir yogurt-banana mixture into flour mixture until moistened.
- 6Fold in about a fourth of the egg-white mixture to soften; then fold in remaining egg whites.
- 7Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 8Pour the batter evenly into a greased and floured 9 by 9 by 2-inch baking pan.
- 9Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 10Cool cake in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 11Remove cake from pan and cool completely on the wire rack place cake in a storage container or wrap with plastic wrap and store; this cake slices better when held overnight.
- 12For icing, stir together corn syrup and water; add cocoa powder, stirring till smooth.
- 13Drizzle chocolate over cake in a Lacy design.
- 14Let stand about 30 minutes, until set.
- 15Serve with raspberries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Yogurt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.9
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 176.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 27.8 g
- Protein 4.1 g