Recipe by Mystia
Fiber One is the best bran cereal to use but it is a bit hard to crush. It's worth it though!
- 1 cup all-bran cereal, crushed
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 12 ounces nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sucanat
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup mashed ripe banana (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Grease bottoms of 12 muffin molds, or use baking cups.
- Crush cereal.
- Stir together egg whites, oil, vanilla and yogurt.
- Stir in cereal and dry ingredients, just until moistened.
- Fold in mashed banana.
- Spoon batter evenly into tins.
- Sprinkle top of each muffin with brown sugar.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm. Refrigerate any unused portion then let sit at room temperature before serving.