Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posted for ZWT6 Asian Region. Found on chinese-soups.com under their dessert listings. This sounds so easy and also something the kids and adults would like alike!
- 12 pieces wonton wrappers
- 1 banana, very ripe
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- Peel the banana and cut into 12 equal pieces.
- Lay a wonton wrapper on a clean cutting board.
- Place a piece of banana near the corner of the wrapper and roll to wrap the banana.
- Wet the corner of the wonton wrapper to seal and then wet the inside of the two ends, press down to seal. Repeat the process until all are rolled.
- Brush the wonton rolls with softened butter (or you can use an egg wash).
- Place the 12 banana rolls on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Made this for a mid afternoon treat for the kids and I. Four of us loved them....only one said she didn't care for them. However, we did decide to add to them...we drizzled them with a homemade brown sugar and cinnamon caramel sauce and then topped each one with a dollop of spiced whipped cream (using the whipped cream recipe from Spiced Cream Coffee or Spiced Cream Irish Coffee by littleturtle). I will definitely be making these again. Made for the Best of 2010 Recipe Tag game.
Just loved this! So simple and what a great flavor! I must admit that I've found a way to reduce my work...I use egg roll wrappers instead of wonton wrappers! More in the wrapper, less work for me! :-) I also appreciate the fact that these can be baked; no hot oil or deep fryer, and no waiting around for more to be done! They are all done at once! I made one with a smear of cream cheese (reminiscent of one I've tried before); makes it decadent, but may not be for everyone. I also drizzled mine with honey! YUM! Thanks for sharing, HokiesLady! Made for ZWT6!
Oh, these are yummy! I followed another reviewer and made these with egg roll wrappers (one banana per four wrappers). Served them with caramel sauce (a must!), low fat vanilla ice cream and macadamia nuts. I felt like I was in Hawaii again!