Recipe by HokiesMom
Posted for ZWT6 Asian Region. Found on chinese-soups.com under their dessert listings. This sounds so easy and also something the kids and adults would like alike!
Top Review by Chef Buggsy Mate
Made this for a mid afternoon treat for the kids and I. Four of us loved them....only one said she didn't care for them. However, we did decide to add to them...we drizzled them with a homemade brown sugar and cinnamon caramel sauce and then topped each one with a dollop of spiced whipped cream (using the whipped cream recipe from recipe#140461 by littleturtle). I will definitely be making these again. Made for the Best of 2010 Recipe Tag game.
- 12 pieces wonton wrappers
- 1 banana, very ripe
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- Peel the banana and cut into 12 equal pieces.
- Lay a wonton wrapper on a clean cutting board.
- Place a piece of banana near the corner of the wrapper and roll to wrap the banana.
- Wet the corner of the wonton wrapper to seal and then wet the inside of the two ends, press down to seal. Repeat the process until all are rolled.
- Brush the wonton rolls with softened butter (or you can use an egg wash).
- Place the 12 banana rolls on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately.