Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Right out of the Martha Stewart September Living magazine. Couldn't wait to try these and they did not disappoint. Much easier then they sound. I myself used dark brown sugar is that is what I had and I misread the recipe using the entire teaspoon vanilla in the batter then adding the extra in the filling. Came out wonderful.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, plus
- more confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a bowl. Combine banana and sour cream in another bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed, until pale and creamy. Add egg and 1/2 teapsoon vanilla, beating until incorporated. Add banana mixture in 2 additions, alternating with the flour mixture.
- Transfer batter to a pastry bag fitted with a 1/4 inch plain tip (I just used a disposable pastry bag and clipped the end off) Pipe batter into 1 1/4 inch rounds on baking sheets, spacing about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake until edges are golded, about 12 minutes. Slide parchment, with cookies onto wire racks, Let cool.
- Beat Cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla with a mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Pipe or spoon 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture onto the flat side of half the cookies. Sandwich with remaining cookies. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve immediately.
These are very good. Moist, soft, bananaie, yum! What I have always wanted, but could never find. I didn't fill with the cream cheese filling, instead I made 7 minute frosting for the marshmallow flavor.
Delicious! I made these whoopie pies, but instead of the cream cheese filling, I used a family favorite, whipped peanut butter filling. It was AMAZING! The mix of the peanut butter and the bananas was just perfect! It really put this over the top!
I used this recipe for my whoopie pie maker. Took about 2 min. per batch. I used chocolate buttercream to fill. Moist and yummy, yum, yum.