Right out of the Martha Stewart September Living magazine. Couldn't wait to try these and they did not disappoint. Much easier then they sound. I myself used dark brown sugar is that is what I had and I misread the recipe using the entire teaspoon vanilla in the batter then adding the extra in the filling. Came out wonderful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, plus
- more confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a bowl. Combine banana and sour cream in another bowl.
- 2Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed, until pale and creamy. Add egg and 1/2 teapsoon vanilla, beating until incorporated. Add banana mixture in 2 additions, alternating with the flour mixture.
- 3Transfer batter to a pastry bag fitted with a 1/4 inch plain tip (I just used a disposable pastry bag and clipped the end off) Pipe batter into 1 1/4 inch rounds on baking sheets, spacing about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- 4Bake until edges are golded, about 12 minutes. Slide parchment, with cookies onto wire racks, Let cool.
- 5Beat Cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla with a mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- 6Pipe or spoon 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture onto the flat side of half the cookies. Sandwich with remaining cookies. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Whoopie Pies
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.4
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 41.2 mg
- Sodium 152.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 2.6 g