Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Banana Whole Wheat Pancakes
- 1⁄2 cup flour (all-purpose)
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Stir well.
- Combine milk and next 3 ingredients.
- Add to dry ingredients, stirring until smooth.
- Grease heated griddle.
- Pour about 3 tablespoons of batter from spoon or pitcher on griddle or pan.
- Cook until pancakes are puffed and dry around edges.
- Turn and cook on other side until golden brown.
i used all whole wheat and these turned out fantastic! this will become a family regular!
I give this a 4.5 only because I an extra tbls of mashed, very ripe banana to substitute for all of the oil which I ended up subbing just about a whole tbls of unsweetened applesauce. I finely chopped slivered almonds and threw in some mini chocolate chips. Delish!
These were really good! Especially for being healthy. I too used all whole wheat floor and they were absolutely fantastic. Great recipe!