Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A new taste in banana bread
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups pastry flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour a 6 ½ x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with banana.
- Fold in chopped white chocolate. Scrape batter into pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes until a tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a plate.