Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An Anna Olson Recipe
Make and share this Banana White Chocolate Cake With Cream Cheese Icing recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups pastry flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas
- 1 cup white chocolate, chopped, plus some for garnish
Cream Cheese Icing
- 2 (1 lb) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour 2 9-inch cake pans.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with bananas.
- Fold in chopped white chocolate. Scrape batter into pans and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes until a tester inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes in the pans, then turn out onto a plate.
- Cream Cheese Icing.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in butter.
- Reduce speed and add icing sugar, and beat until smooth. Stir in sour cream.
- To Assemble.
- Ice cake completely and garnish with large white chocolate curls (done by using a vegetable peeler).