Chef #532026's Note:
An Anna Olson Recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups pastry flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
- 1 cup white chocolate, chopped, plus some for garnish
Cream Cheese Icing
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour 2 9-inch cake pans.
- 3Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- 4In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with bananas.
- 5Fold in chopped white chocolate. Scrape batter into pans and spread evenly.
- 6Bake for 30 minutes until a tester inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- 7Allow to cool 10 minutes in the pans, then turn out onto a plate.
- 8Cream Cheese Icing.
- 9Beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in butter.
- 10Reduce speed and add icing sugar, and beat until smooth. Stir in sour cream.
- 11To Assemble.
- 12Ice cake completely and garnish with large white chocolate curls (done by using a vegetable peeler).
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana White Chocolate Cake With Cream Cheese Icing
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 693.0
- Calories from Fat 417
- Total Fat 46.3 g
- Saturated Fat 28.7 g
- Cholesterol 157.7 mg
- Sodium 478.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 33.1 g
- Protein 10.5 g