Recipe by **Mandy**
I found this in a old issue of Delicious Mag, a great way to use up those crushed weetbix at the bottom of the box!
Top Review by International Jet Hostess
Fantastically easy recipe. My toddler enjoys these very much. I make them into teeny tiny cupcakes and pop them in her lunchbox for day care. Sometimes I substitute the choc chips for mixed dried fruit such as apricots and cranberries. She loves them either way - Me? I prefer the chocolate (of course!).
- 3 ripe bananas
- 4 Weet-Bix
- 185 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 80 g margarine
- 225 g self-raising flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 12-hole muffin pan. Mash bananas in a bowl, then crumble in Weet-Bix and stir in the milk.
- Set aside for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, beat together the eggs and margarine, then add to the banana mixture. Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl and add wet ingredients and choc chips.
- Stir until just combined, then spoon into muffin pan and bake for 25 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.