Prep 6 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this in a old issue of Delicious Mag, a great way to use up those crushed weetbix at the bottom of the box!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 4 Weet-Bix
- 185 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 80 g margarine
- 225 g self-raising flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 12-hole muffin pan. Mash bananas in a bowl, then crumble in Weet-Bix and stir in the milk.
- Set aside for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, beat together the eggs and margarine, then add to the banana mixture. Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl and add wet ingredients and choc chips.
- Stir until just combined, then spoon into muffin pan and bake for 25 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Fantastically easy recipe. My toddler enjoys these very much. I make them into teeny tiny cupcakes and pop them in her lunchbox for day care. Sometimes I substitute the choc chips for mixed dried fruit such as apricots and cranberries. She loves them either way - Me? I prefer the chocolate (of course!).
These are great and so quick and easy to make too.. I used 4 banana's as they were not that big, I also added 1 extra teaspoon of sugar as my banana's were not over ripe and sweet. Apart from those 2 small things I followed the recipe exactly and they turned out wonderful. They smelt gorgeous while cooking and I had everyone wanting one as soon as they came out of the oven. My son especially liked the choc chips in them. A nice muffin recipe and something a little different with the addition of the weet-bix. I will definitely make these again. I got 7 large muffins from this recipe made in a 6 hole texas muffin tin. Thanks for sharing Mandy