Recipe by mkind
This is a tinkered with recipe from the Betty Crocker Cookbook for Banana Bread. I find it better than most banana muffin recipes. May wrap and freeze for 2-3 days.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas (3-4 medium)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Mix butter and sugar in 2 1/2 quart bowl.
- Stir in oil and eggs until blended.
- Add bananas and vanilla; beat 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients, except for nuts, and stir to combine evenly.
- Stir in dry ingredients until just moistened; stir in nuts.
- Pour into cupcake liners. If very full, spray top of cupcake pan so cupcake top may spill over and make extra muffin top.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes.