Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Sift together first 5 (dry) ingredients.
- In a separate bowl combine soy milk and vinegar. let sit for five minutes.
- Mix bananas and other wet ingredients until pretty smooth. Poor wet into dry -- but don't overmix! Fold in the walnuts.
- Brush a large nonstick skillet with canola oil and heat over moderate heat.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter per pancake into hot skillet and cook until bubbles appear on surface and undersides are golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. [You should get nine pancakes, allow three per serving].
- Flip pancakes with a spatula till cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Transfer to a large plate and loosely cover with foil to keep warm.
- Serve with sliced bananas and maple syrup.
These were a piece of cake to make and they turned out fantastic! Even my super picky, junk food loving teenagers loved them!
really good recipe!
thanks. we ate these without syrup - they were that good! perfect consistency.
These were pretty good! Flavour-wise, they were excellent. Like most vegan pancakes, they were quite heavy, but other than that: fab!