Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make and share this Banana Walnut [vegan!] Yummy Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- Sift together first 5 (dry) ingredients.
- In a separate bowl combine soy milk and vinegar. let sit for five minutes.
- Mix bananas and other wet ingredients until pretty smooth. Poor wet into dry -- but don't overmix! Fold in the walnuts.
- Brush a large nonstick skillet with canola oil and heat over moderate heat.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter per pancake into hot skillet and cook until bubbles appear on surface and undersides are golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. [You should get nine pancakes, allow three per serving].
- Flip pancakes with a spatula till cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Transfer to a large plate and loosely cover with foil to keep warm.
- Serve with sliced bananas and maple syrup.
really good recipe!
thanks. we ate these without syrup - they were that good! perfect consistency.
These were pretty good! Flavour-wise, they were excellent. Like most vegan pancakes, they were quite heavy, but other than that: fab!
We were on a waffle Kick this weekend so for lunch I make these as our desert waffle. I am not a Vegan so I used milk. After making the first one I decided to add two tablespoons of sugar, because it seems to add the right amount of sweetness, makes the crust a little crisper as well. We ate them as little snack cakes, they taste so good, like banana bread in a waffle. Because I didnâ€™t have any walnuts and I ran out of vanilla this weekend I added black walnut extract, all there is left to say is yum. Thanks for the recipe.