Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
I love spice cake and bananas. This recipe caught my eye because it combines both. It's also quick and could be something to take to a sick friend, include in a gift basket, or take to the funeral home when someone passes.
- 1 (18 ounce) spice cake mix (I use Duncan Hines)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup very ripe banana, mashed well
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can chocolate frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 10 x 5 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- Blend the cake mix, water, eggs, oil, sour cream, and bananas together until moistened. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Fold in the walnuts. Pour into the loaf pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for one hour or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle. Cool for 15 minutes. Remove from the loaf pan and cool completely.
- Frost with the chocolate frosting.