- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk (fat-free or skim is okay)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts (optional)
- maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine milk, salt and 3/4 cup water; heat over medium heat until steaming hot, but not boiling.
- Add oats and cook, stirring until creamy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in mashed banana and 1 tablespoon maple syrup.
- Divide between 2 bowls, garnish with walnuts and a little more maple syrup and serve.