Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Freeze it then cook later for a quick breakfast.
- 3 ripe bananas, cut into 1/4 inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 18 slices French bread (half inch thick slices)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- maple syrup
- Grease a 3 quart rectangular baking dish; set aside.In small bowl gently toss bananas with lemon juice.Arrange half the bread slices in the bottom of the baking dish. Top bread with a layer of bananas.Add remaining bread slices.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, milk, honey, vanilla and cinnamon. Slowly pour egg mixture over french bread to coat evenly . Press bread down lightly with the back of a spoon to moisten all the bread. Cover and refrigerate 8 to 24 hours.
- Before baking sprinkle with walnuts and sugar. Bake uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes at 325°F . done when a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Top of bread should be light brown.Serve with maple syrup.