Prep 2 mins
Cook 7 mins
I started off with a yummy 5 grain pancake mix then added yummies to simulate a banana nut muffin. It was very moist, fairly dense, and very delicious. measurements and times are approximations. Any who try this, I'd love comments that include a little more precision to the directions. Thanks
- 1⁄4 cup pancake mix (I prefer 5-Grain)
- 1⁄2 banana, mashed
- 1⁄2 tablespoon flax seed
- 1 tablespoon walnut pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon muesli
- 1⁄2 teaspoon margarine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Sweet 'n Low
- Heat and spray pan with oil to medium (a little below) heat.
- Smash ripe banana.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Add water slowly until reaching desired consistency, I had it somewhere between a pancake and a muffin batter consistency.
- Dump batter on pan, smooth around into a circle about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick, roughly 5-6 inches wide.
- I think it took 4 minutes on first side. It is a bit tough to flip, I kept checking with spatula until I felt I could get under it and flip it over.
- Cook other side til browned. 1-2 minutes.
- Just eat plain, its yummy enough alone.
- I used a 5-grain pancake mix. Choose whatever pancake mix you have, I go for whole grains and variety.
If I could give these 10 stars...I would. I made these for my daughter and grandchildren when here on a visit. They just went crazy for them. I didn't have Sweet 'n Low so obviously left it out. I served it with organic maple syrup. MMMMM! Thank you for sharing this awesome recipe....will be making these again....real soon!