1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter a 10 inch tube pan; dust with flour, tapping out excess, and set aside.
- 3Combine walnuts, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- 4Set aside.
- 5To make banana batter, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt onto a sheet of waxed paper.
- 6Set aside.
- 7In a large bowl, cream the butter with an electric mixer on high until light. Gradually beat in the eggs, one at a time. Beat in sour cream, mashed bananas and vanilla.
- 8Change mixer speed to low and beat in the flour mixture just until blended.
- 9Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan.
- 10Scatter half of the walnut and sugar sprinkle over the batter.
- 11Thinly slice the third banana over the batter.
- 12Top with remaining batter and scatter rest of walnut and sugar sprinkle over top.
- 13Bake about 1 hour and 15 minutes, when skewer inserted comes out clean.
- 14Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Carefully loosen the cake from the sides then invert onto wire rack turning right side up.
- 15Sprinkle with confectioners sugar, if desired.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Walnut Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.3
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 84.3 mg
- Sodium 164.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 43.1 g
- Protein 6.5 g